2M RED VERSO
The 2M Red Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount tonearms.
2M Red Features:
-An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
-A tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz 5 cm/sec.: 5,5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
Frequency range at -3dB: 20-22.000 Hz
Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz +3 dB /-1 dB
Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
Compliance/dynamic/lateral: 20 µm/mN
Stylus type: Elliptical
Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0 g (16-20 mN)
Tracking force recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
Tracking angle: 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,3 kΩ/kOhm
Internal inductance: 700 mH
Recommended load resistance: 47 kΩ/kOhm
Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour body/stylus: Black/Red
Cartridge weight: 7,2 g
Replacement stylus unit: 2M Red (Interchangeable with 2M Blue and 2M Silver)
2M Red Verso accessories included the package:
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Allen key Torx 6
- 1 x Allen key Torx 8
- 2 x Screw M2,0 x 6
How to replace M2,0 mm screws on 2M Red Verso:
1. Remove the stylus with the stylus protection guard from the cartridge body to avoid any damage to the diamond.
2. Using Torx 8 key, unscrew the black screw from the Verso top plate.
3. Remove the top plate from the cartridge body by pulling the screws off.
4. Remove the two countersunk screws from the top plate.
5. Insert the two M2,0 mm screws in the top plate.
6. Mount the top plate on the cartridge body. Hold the top plate with screw-threads hanging down and turn the cartridge body 180 degrees. Mount from above.
7. Mount the black screw in the top plate and tighten with appropriate force.
8. Mount the cartridge on the tonearm using the enclosed tool.
9. Mount the stylus with the stylus protection guard on the cartridge body.
Meanings of additional letters to the TONAR code (when added to the number):
1st: D for Diamond / S for Sapphire
2nd: E for Elliptical/ M for Mono / N for Normal (78 RPM) / S for Stereo (33/45 RPM)
ES for Diamond Line Contact
HYPEL for Diamond Hyper Elliptical (BI-Radial)
SHIBA for SHIBATA cut
D-SAS for Diamond Naked Block D-SAS cut
OR for ORIGINAL items (some packed by TONAR)*
*ORIGINAL ORTOFON ITEMS ONLY AVAILABLE IN MY WEBSHOP VIParts.NL